Happy New Years Eve!
To think a whole year has gone by and so much has changed. I am so blessed and thankful for all the opportunities that have happened in my life and look forward to 2017!
Now… without further ado… my Best of Beauty for 2016!
(grab a drink and maybe a snack, this will be a long one)
This collage though…….. great things are happening this year for this blog people! And I can’t wait to get cracking.
Here are 16 products to say farewell to 2016! All these products were complete standouts for my beauty and skincare routine this year regardless of them releasing in 2016 or in prior years.
Feel free to click on each link per description to shop for anyone of these items! ENJOY!
Best of Beauty 2016:
1. Beatyblender $20
- Oh Beautyblender, where would my foundation and concealer game be without you? My dog chewed up my last one and I had to wait a whole week for my Sephora order to come through before I received my new sponge and I was completely lost when doing my makeup. For me, this is an absolute MUST in my makeup application.
- This was a surprise love for this year, I generally go for a silicon type of primer and matte finish but I was loving the glow and dewy look that this primer gave me. Which paired perfectly with my number 3…
3. L’oreal Infallible Pro-Glow $12.99
- I purchased this foundation on a whim only because I heard is was great for dry skin; I am not usually a foundation “trier”, I like to stick with what I know. However, I was so happy to test this baby out because it shortly stepped up to be my new holy grail product for this year. Absolutely gorgeous and natural look and a little goes a long way. LOVE!
4. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette (Limited Edition item but shop others from this collection)
- Ugh, so sad this palette was limited edition. But luckily you can still shop the split pans of these same colors. I pretty much use this every single time I do my makeup, particularly Amaretto and the highlight shades. Love Jaclyn Hill and Becca Cosmetics so I thought this was a match made in beauty heaven. Read my review and check out my swatches from my previous face palette review post so see if the split pans might be for you.
- This item always seems to eventually at some point or another be a beauty gurus favorite. This product was absolutely perfect this year for “baking” and setting my smile lines and T-Zone.
6. Colourpop Echo Park $6
- Now don’t get it twisted people my lipstick, let alone my Colourpop collection is quite extensive and I love so many lippie shades for certain looks. However, if I had to pick one ride or die color for 2016, Echo Park was my main squeeze. I LOVE this color and it pairs with basically almost every look I created. The Colourpop Ultra Satin lips are absolutely to die for if you’re looking for a liquid lip but can’t commit to the dryness, these would be perfect for you! Swatch below:
7. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer $24
- Well I unfortunately couldn’t get my hands on this product until late October because of it’s high demand. This concealer is only sold in Ulta Beauty stores and it is AMAZING! It was worth the wait, this product is completely full coverage but incredibly comfortable. Highly highly highly recommend if you are in the market for a great concealer.
- Well up until October, I was only using this Urban Decay concealer and I have to say it is absolutely full coverage, as well as hydrating and very light wearing. I love the formula and how it laid on my skin; the only negative comment I would have to suggest is the price. It may only seem like a measly $4 more than the Tarte concealer but for some reason… it does make a difference!
- This product completely changed my brow game! I don’t even know what I was doing before getting my hands on this brow powder duo. I only bought it because it was on a single day special sale at Ulta for $10 and I figured, why not? SO GLAD I DID! I would absolutely pay the $23 price tag had I known how much I loved this for my brow routine.
10. Kylie Cosmetics Burgundy Palette $42
- This was a surprise love for this year’s favorites. I mean, I absolutely loved the colors in the palette, that is ultimately why I purchased the product. However, after awhile I began to realize I kept reaching for this palette over any other ones in my collection. I generally used it as my “everyday” look and never really looked back much. These eyeshadows blend beautifully along the skin and I actually love every single color in the palette.
- There is truly nothing negative I can say about this eyeshadow palette. This product as a whole is absolutely STUNNING! There might be an interesting trend similarity that I have acquired this year with the gorgeous cranberry and warm shades between my two favorites palettes, but this is definitely a WINNER! Read my full review and see swatches of the entire Modern Renaissance palette here.
- Such a gorgeous and rich gel eyeliner color, I am obsessed with this blackened teal shade. Worked so beautifully with many looks this year and highly recommend if you are an experienced gel liner applier, read my full review on why. Eye Swatch below:
13. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara $8.99
- I am personally someone with poker straight eyelashes and whenever I can find a mascara that will curl my lashes without having to use an eyelash curler, it instantly becomes a favorite. I preferred the waterproof version of this mascara because it would almost sticks my lashes in place all day as apposed to them laying flat as the day went on. I usually pair this product with the Benefit Roller Lash mascara for the perfect flip.
- I use this setting spray after I apply primer and when I finish my makeup. It keeps my makeup lock and loaded for the entire day and I feel incomplete without a spritz of this baby.
15. Glam Glow Mud Mask $69
- I must say I am very blessed to have a wonderful best friend who purchased this mask for me last Christmas…and an amazing man who replenished the product for me this Christmas. SO GOOD! Cleans my skin like a dream. I personally do not have large pores or major problematic skin but there are those days that you just need to have a deep clean and want to suck up all the nasty dirt and excess oils from your face. Worth every penny, in my opinion, and keeps my skin looking fresh. I personally have dry skin so I have to absolutely moisturize after using a mask like this. I highly recommend the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (this was hands down the most popular best-selling moisturizer when I worked at Sephora).
16. Philosophy Purity Cleanser $24
- Such a great everyday cleanser! Like I mentioned in the last description, my skin is dry and not very problematic, however, I love the way this product makes my skin look after I use it. Super gentle, great for sensitive skin and makes my face look refreshed and bright. I use this cleanser alone, as well as with my Clarisonic.
PHEW! We made it! If you’re still reading, thank you SO much from the bottom of my heart for following me and tuning in to my posts. I am so excited for this new year and look forward to what is to come.
Have a SAFE and HAPPY New Year!
Follow my IG @thechristyleigh for consistent beauty and lifestyle posts 🙂